At Tidio, we strongly believe in the data since it is key to understanding your users. We listened to you carefully and learned that one of the highly requested features was a tool to understand better how your chatbots are performing.
In this article, you'll learn:
- Where to check the performance of the Chatbots
- How to increase engagement with Chatbots
- How to make Chatbots more interactive
- What is Chatbot monthly limit
Performance of my Chatbots
To see how your Chatbot is performing - head over to the chatbots section of Tidio. You will find it under the 'bot' button on the left side menu in your Tidio admin panel.
In the Chatbots section, you can enter of the folders of My Chatbots. Depending on the bot’s goal - you can find them in the: Increase sales, generate leads, solve problems or other folder.
On the left side, you will see the Chatbot's name, and on the right - whether the bot is active or inactive, three dots menu with an option to edit it, test it out or see more options. On the right side, you will see the Chatbot's analytics.
In the Tidio Chatbots section, four metrics are available:
- Executed - shows a number of times when the bot was executed in the last 7 days
- Engagement - shows what percentage of visitors interacted with a bot in the last 7 days
- Helpfulness - shows what percentage of bot's messages were helpful in the last 7 days. Learn more by reading our article about helpfulnes.
- Handoff - shows what percentages of bots were routed to the team in the last 7 days Learn more by reading our article about handoff metric.
Increase engagement with Chatbots
A short welcome message for customers can make their shopping experience a little bit nicer. It is also one of the key factors for increasing your sales. However, please note that if you don't require any action from the visitor, it will not increase your engagement metric.
A Chatbot welcome message might be the very first interaction a person's received from the brand. With a chatbot, your website visitors will see the message almost right after landing on the site. Whatever you say will make the first impression about you and your brand's personality. If you truly want to engage your users, ask questions and provide them with buttons, cards, or quick replies.
Also, take a look and learn how to edit the bot and its initial message.
Make chatbots more interactive
- Don't create different bots with the same trigger (e.g., it's better to have one multi-language bot rather than two or more chatbots with the same trigger). If you activate a few chatbots with the same trigger, the chatbots starting with these triggers will be triggered simultaneously, which may cause several messages to be sent to a visitor.
- Be careful with delays. If you set a long delay after the trigger your Chatbot can be delayed by another one.
- Ask for an email in return of the coupon codes (e.g., it's better to give vouchers to users that you asked for the email addresses first, rather than sending it to everyone with their first visit on the website)
- Update your non-interactive chatbots with nodes that interact with visitors (Use the following actions that require interaction from your website visitors: Ask a question, Decision Cards, Decision Buttons, Quick Replies)
Unlimited chatbots for a unique visitor
The Chatbots package allows you to reach customers with the automated messages sent by the bots. We call it Chatbots monthly limit or Chatbot quota.
Chatbots monthly limit
🤖 1 unique visitor reached = Unlimited chatbots available
It works like "pay once eat as much you want" rule in some restaurants. 1 unique visitor who was targeted with at least one Chatbot consumes 1 from your monthly chatbot limit. You can send multiple chatbot messages (e.g. a welcome message to new visitors, discounts for returning visitors, auto-replies for missed chats, etc.) to one unique visitor, and it would still be counted as 1 visitor reached. It means, that you can provide your visitors with unlimited chatbots during your monthly limit cycle.
In the free plan, the number of visitors reached is limited to 100 per month.
So don't worry if one of your Chatbots does not perform well. Experiment with optimizing it. You can also try engaging visitors on different user journey steps.