Tidio's multilanguage settings offer a seamless solution for websites with multiple language options. By automatically detecting the visitor's default browser settings, Tidio can ensure that the chat widget is displayed in the appropriate language.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add a new language
- How to translate the phrases manually
- How to change the language settings for WIX users
- How to troubleshoot language settings
Adding a new language
To access the multilanguage option, navigate to Settings > Live Chat > Translations, where you can add a new language or customize existing translations to suit your needs.
Tidio provides pre-translated language packs, including French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and English (the default). To add a new language, select it from the dropdown menu and click the Add button.
If the language pack you need is not pre-translated, or if you wish to customize each phrase individually, you are free to edit the current pack by modifying each field individually.
An overview of your language configuration is also available at the bottom of Settings > Live Chat > Appearance, in the Multilanguage section there.
If you'd like to customise the translations, click on the Manage and edit translations button below the drop-down list, and you'll be taken to the main Translations panel.
The Translations Panel
The Translations panel allows you to add and translate phrases for the chosen language. Each language appears as a separate tab (e.g., Danish, English, Polish, Chinese). Click on a language tab to access a list of available phrases. Simply edit the fields to align with your business requirements or your preferences.
Please note that any changes you make are saved automatically!
Setting Translations on Wix
If your website is based on Wix, the multilanguage settings are available in the Translations section with the flag icon on the left-side menu.
If you can't see the chat in the language you've set in Tidio:
- Try saving the settings in the Settings > Live Chat > Appearance section in the Tidio admin panel.
- Make sure you've set the language in your browser to the one you want to see in your Tidio widget. From our experience, it's easiest to edit your language settings in Firefox.
- Make sure you're visiting a refreshed window. The changes will appear once you visit your website in a new incognito/private window.