We offer a resource called TidioChatAPI: it is a collection of front-end scripts that can force certain behavior on the widget (the front end). You can see these commands in our widget SDK documentation here.
Please keep in mind that due to each website's specific design, we cannot assist with customizing the API commands or implementing them on your website. These methods will be helpful for developers only.
In this article, you'll learn:
To use the API, you need to insert the Tidio Chat code into your website. Below, you can see our list with the available Tidio API you can implement on your website.
Tidio's front-end API allows developers to:
- Define the visitors' data such as user ID, email, name, and phone
- Updating the visitors' data
- Define and update the contact properties
- Load the Tidio Chat widget fully expanded
- Set your own Automation events
- Open the chat window as if a user would click on the chat icon
- Close the chat window
- Set the chat color
- Open chat widget on link click
- Load chat widget after a while
- Open the chat widget after load
- Set language from html attribute or other variable