Coupon Code Node for Shopify users will help you provide quick discounts for your Shopify store customers.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- What are the benefits of using the Coupon code node for Shopify
- How the Coupon code node works
- Update existing chatbots with Coupon code node
Easy to use
You don’t have to leave Tidio anymore to set up the coupon codes. Set up the coupons at Tidio without leaving the panel!
Quickly add multiple coupons
A quick option to add multiple % discount coupons to your Shopify panel. Each new coupon you add via Tidio will automatically appear in your Shopify Discounts section for subsequent use.
Match Coupon codes with orders
You will be able to match your Coupon code used to the actual revenue they brought into your store
- 100 codes sent
- 20 codes used assisting $2000 sales in total
How it works
To add a Shopify Discount code via Tidio, all you need to do is edit an existing chatbot or create a new one from scratch. You will also find the Coupon Code node in our templates. To a newly created chatbot, please add the Shopify Coupon Code Node at the place where you wish the code to be shown to your visitor.
If you haven’t done that yet, Tidio may ask you to integrate with your Shopify Store:
Once you're integrated with Shopify, the node will allow you to type a message you wish to show to the customer along with the code:
By clicking the “+ Add Coupon Code” button, you can create a coupon, add its name (up to 16 characters), and a % value of the discount for the entire order.
Once you click Save, the discount is automatically saved in Shopify.
All you need to do now is to click the “Save and activate” button in the chatbot editor for your customers to see it in your chatbot flow.
Frequently asked questions
May I adjust the discount value?
You can do that from the Shopify Panel. Remember that, for now, the node will help with a % value discount for the whole order. Trying to change the discount value of an existing code in Tidio will not reflect in the Shopify discount section. You are, however, free to create more new Discount Codes and use them.
If I create a new discount code in Tidio, will the other ones be deactivated?
No, they remain active until you disable or delete them in your Shopify Discounts section.
May I create a fixed amount discount with the Coupon Code node?
For now, we can only create a % discount for the whole order.
Update existing chatbots with Coupon code node
If you have an existing bot and would like to use a coupon code node inside of it, please follow the step-by-step guide below.
1. Go to the My Chatbots section in your Tidio admin panel and find a chatbot that sends discounts as regular chat messages (send a message action).
2. Click on the three dots on the right-hand side and choose the Edit button.
3. Delete the Send a chat message node that sends discounts and replace it with the Coupon code node (available in Shopify Actions)
4. Please drag & drop it to the visual chatbot map and connect with different nodes.
5. Now, add a coupon code.
6. Save the chatbot.