The possibility to save chat history often plays an important role in how your customers contact you. Customers usually appreciate the ability to revisit previous chats they had with you. By storing history in the browser's localStorage, not only does Tidio eliminate the need for cookies, but also allows visitors to effortlessly navigate through the information they received from you in a chat conversation.
Below you will find instructions on how the most popular browsers allow you to access localStorage settings and clear it:
- Right-click anywhere on a blank space on a website or in an active browser window.
- Select Inspect from the context menu that opens. This will open the browser's developer tools.
- Select the Application tab.
- Locate and open the Local storage list, found in the Storage menu.
- Right-click on https://tidio.com in that list.
- Click Clear.